WHAT MACHINE DO I NEED TO MAKE FRESH JUICES, SMOOTHIES, COCKTAILS?
If you want to :
- Make citrus juices (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit): you need a citrus juicer.
- Juice various vegetables and fruits: you need a juice extractor.
- Make smoothies and cocktails, mixing juice with ice cubes, frozen fruits or yogurt: you need a blender.
HOW DO I DECIDE WHICH SIZE CITRUS JUICER IS RIGHT FOR ME?
First determine if you will be into an individual serving glass or if you will be doing a pitcher at a time and serving from the pitcher. The SAN52 and SAN70 are sized to use a pitcher. Next estimate how much juicing you will do. The output for all of the citrus juicers is on this site. Finally you can determine if you would like the convenience of a lever squeezer or if you don’t mind hold the fruit in place by hand on the squeezer. These 3 criteria will lead you to the perfect juicer for you.
CAN I JUICE LEAFY GREENS WITH YOUR LARGE CENTRIFUGAL JUICERS?
Yes you can, but we do have some recommendations for you. There are several things you can do to keep your machine in top operating condition and to insure it will do the best job possible, even on hard to shred greens.
- Make sure the blade is sharp
- Keep the basket free of dents and bumps, and make sure the basket is kept extremely clean.
- When feeding greens keep them moist and condense them into a ball. Try to make the ingoing material as solid as possible.
- Fill the entire feeding chute and press hard with the pusher
- If possible feed the greens in with something more solid.
Finally because of the nature of the produce being shred be prepared to clean the basket more frequently. If you hear a change of noise while juicing open the cover and remove any accumulation on the basket. It might also help to rinse the basket with a glass or two of water in between juices.
YOU OFFER 2 LARGE CENTRIFUGAL JUICERS, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 MACHINES?
The primary differences between the 2 are:
SAN 68 SAN 28 (MJ800)
3” wide input tube 2.75” Input tube
Single point locking system Single point locking system
All juicing parts are stainless steel Blade & basket stainless steel, cover aluminum
No tools required for operation Locking wrench required for blade install/remove
Output 140 liters per hour 100 liters per hour
Pulp chute/pulp bucket option Pulp bucket only
SHOULD I TAKE AN ESPRESSO COFFEE GRINDER OR A SHOP COFFEE GRINDER?
If you have an espresso coffee machine and need a grinder to make a fine espresso grind: you need an espresso coffee grinder (models 06A, 40A, 55 or 60).
If you want to grind coffee beans, from extra coarse to very fine, into a bag or into a brew basket : you need a shop coffee grinder (models 01, 04, 42, 43, 63).
CAN YOU RECOMMEND AN ESPRESSO COFFEE GRINDER FOR MY BUSINESS?
Yes, we can help you decide which espresso grinder will work best for you. Ask yourself a few questions and it will lead you to the correct machine.
- Do you want a traditional grinder with doser (models 06A, 40A, 60) or an on-demand grinder (model 55) delivering the dose directly into the filter holder?
- How many espresso coffees will you do? The output for all the espresso grinders is on this site.
- Do you want to pull up or push down when tampering the grind?
- Do you want a completely automatic grinder that only requires the user to push one button for the perfect and fresh grind? If yes, you need the model 55.
All Santos espresso grinders have high precision and long life grinding disks. Santos is the leader in providing very low noise espresso grinders.
CAN YOU RECOMMEND A SHOP GRINDER FOR MY BUSINESS?
All of our grinders can produce a wide degree of “fineness”, from coarse to very fine Turkish Grind.
How much coffee will you grind? The average ouput for models 01, 04, 42 and 43 is 15kg/hour. Model 63 has an exceptional ouput: from 30kg/hour for Turkish coffee to 120 kg/hour for extra coarse grind.
What size of bags will you use? Our shop grinders have different heights, so make sure you choose the right size.
DO ALL OF YOUR MACHINES USE INDUCTION / brushless MOTORS? WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS TYPE OF MOTOR?
Except for the blenders 33, 37, 54, all Santos products use an induction or a brushless motor. These motors have no brushes at all and are more reliable (long-lasting), more powerful, and run quieter than a comparable brush style motor. Santos has many years experience incorporating these motors in their products. All Santos induction motors carry a 5 year warranty.